The Outside sucks for a lot of really good reasons. Save yourself and stay inside! ___ My wife and I went to the mountains for the weekend. Our trip took us to spectacular Jasper, Alberta. Don’t get me wrong, it’s beautiful, but being Outside sucks. It sucks for a lot of really good reasons. The next … More 21 Reasons Why Being Outside Sucks
Writer Ann Lamott’s sobriety began with cake, coffee and a conversation. How about yours? ___ For Ann Lamott to become clean it took cake, coffee and a conversation. After a lifetime of drinking and drugs, she got tired of it. She was sick, ashamed and confused and found herself ready to change. When she reached that point, she called … More Ann Lamott: My Recovery Began With a Cake
Sean Swaby asks, “Is your life worth waiting for?” ___ Life is lived in between waiting for life to happen. ◊♦◊ In between the downloads, The apps that refuse to open. Fighting for freedom, The computer makes us wait, One more Time. ◊♦◊ Being in Recovery is about Time. If you could recover your time, you would be … More Life Happens While You Are Waiting for Life to Happen
As a leader, power can make you lonely. And loneliness can cost you. ___ Be cautious with the Ring of Power For most of his life, my father wanted to be either a Farmer or a Manager. We lived in the city for most of our lives, so dream #1 was out of the question. I can … More Power Will Change Your Mind
Forget passion for your job, loving your job will make you wildly successful. ___ If you love your job, you will never work a day in your life. Bull**it. Now let’s take the same sentence and change just one word. Ask yourself it it still makes sense: If you love your wife, you will never work a … More Love Your Work and it Will Love You Back
Recent research has uncovered the cause of the Resting Seriousface and it’s not pretty. ___ Be warned: Your smile is public property The resting serious face, otherwise known as the Resting Bitchy Face (RBF) for the serious faced women and Resting Asshole Face (RAF) is for the dour men out there. A recent research project … More The Resting Seriousface: Smile or You Will Be Shamed
If you don’t love your job, I want to find out how you manage to stay and make it work for you. ___ Do you love your job? If your job is your passion, you are in the minority. A commonly held belief is that 20% of people love their jobs but the other 80% … More Call for Interviews: Are You a Creative Stayer?